You are now able to pre-order apps on the App store. This feature has been requested for a while and means that you can buy upcoming apps in advance, and then download them the moment they are released.
It’s also very simple to do!
How to pre-order apps
- Open the App Store, or iTunes store.
- Find your way to the App that you’d like to pre-order.
- It will tell you under the app information if the product is available now, or if it’s up for pre-order.
- Tap/click the price. You will then be presented with a confirmation screen.
- Tap/click Confirm, and you’re done.
When the product is launched, you will be billed through the payment method you used upon pre-ordering. If you have Automatic Downloads enabled then your pre-order will download the moment it can, and then appear in your purchases.
If you’d like to see what pre-orders you currently have active, then do the following.
How to view your pre-orders:
- Make your way into Settings > (Your name) > iTunes & App Store.
- Hit your Apple ID and then View Apple ID.
- Tap “Pre-Orders” (If you don’t have any pre-orders active, you won’t be able to see this option)
- From here you can view information about your pre-orders, or cancel them.
Worried about the battery life on your iPhone? Check out our guide .